I am excited to introduce the newest member of the Aaron Watson Photography team, Katherine! She is taking over the Photo Editor/Production Manager position in the office and will also be joining me at weddings as a second photographer. Katherine recently moved to Charlottesville from Pennsylvania, so I am excited for everyone to get to know her! Katherine is a talented photographer with experience working for multiple photography studios on the East Coast, and we are thrilled that she is now a part of our team!
I am really excited to have the opportunity to move to Charlottesville to be a part of Aaron Watson Photography! I can’t wait to photograph many happy moments, make sweet memories (and hopefully drink some sweet tea), and get to see the beautiful venues around Charlottesville.
So with being new to the area, here are a few fun facts about me:
1. I am originally from a small town outside of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Lancaster is an area that is most known for the Amish, buggies, and their delicious homemade baked goods.
2. My dad and I hiked Half Dome in Yosemite National Park, California. It was an amazing experience!
3. I love everything outdoors, and am most happy when the air is warm and the sun is shining.
4. I love to run cross country, and I have also played soccer for most of my life.
5. I ran a half marathon at Penn State University in 20 degree weather. I had frost in my hair and it snowed for the last four miles of the race, but I finished (with my best attempt at a frozen smile)!
6. I can eat breakfast foods anytime of the day, even multiple times a day. I don’t drink coffee, but a vanilla chai is my go to drink.
7. I get the greatest joy from making people laugh by telling fun life stories and making jokes.
8. My favorite type of music is classic country. Some of my favorites include Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and George Strait.
9. My favorite accessory is my cowboy boots. People always say I am the most Southern, Northern girl you will find.
10. I have a confession; I have read all of Nicholas Sparks books. If you’re not familiar with Nicholas Sparks, some of his more well known stories are The Notebook, Dear John, and Nights in Rodanthe.
11. My love of photography came about after high school. I began photographing my family, friends, and every day life. I started a photography diary, where I took at least one picture every day for a year. It challenged me to open my eyes, be creative, and to find the good and beautiful things in life.
I am excited for this new adventure of being a part of Aaron Watson Photography. I look forward to getting to meet, and know all our wonderful couples and families!